Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October Student Spotlight! Finn Morneweck

The Wellness Department would like to congratulate Finn Morneweck on being our first Wellness Student Spotlight of the 2017-2018 academic year! The Wellness Student Spotlight is a monthly honor bestowed on a student who demonstrates the following characteristics:

  • hard-worker
  • a good role model
  • a team player
  • a leader
  • helpful to others
  • polite & respectful
  • embodies BERT qualities
Congratulations Finn! 

1. First and Last Name: Finn Morneweck


2. Grade: I'm in 8th grade.

Why do you think you were chosen to be the wellness student spotlight? I do my best to always do the warm-up and not slack in class.

What do you like to do in your free time? In my free time, I enjoy reading, hanging out with friends, and eating juicy steak kabobs.

Why is being active important to you? I think it is important to be in shape. Also, working out was proven to increase self-confidence.

What advice would you give to a student who doesn’t like to exercise? Always do your best, and you'll be surprised how strong you really are. 

Favorite Wellness unit and why. My favorite wellness unit is a tie between the roller skating unit, and the dancing unit. Roller skating was fun, because I already knew how to roller skate, so I could help other people. As for dancing. . . You've never seen dance moves like these.

When I want a healthy snack I reach for... I like bananas, apples, bananas, oranges, bananas, pineapples, bananas, grapes, bananas, and tangerines. Did I mention bananas?

To relax I... Read a book. Your brain is a muscle too!

If I were a WMS Wellness teacher I would add ??? to the curriculum. Weight lifting. I would add this because most kids don't know proper form, and learning this now will be a great skill to know later in life.

On my first day of school I wish I knew... Not to wear jeans to wellness. Ever.

Tell us something about yourself most people would be surprised to know.  I was born with low muscle tone. (Under developed muscles)



Congrats Finn!




No comments:

Post a Comment