I've decided to postpone the nutrition unit test until after Thanksgiving. I want you all to have enough time to study and ask questions this week. I've been emailed by some of you saying that you need another copy of the notes.
Click here for the notes. Don't forget that the videos we watched in class are linked under the nutrition tab on this blog.
You should be able to tell me:
- whether a food is a protein, carbohydrate, or fat
- what tier carbohydrate certain foods are
- how to read an ingredients list and nutrition facts label and decided whether or not a product is healthy.
- the importance of sleep
- why sugar is so bad for us
- whether or not a food is whole grain
- what the 4 red flag ingredients are
- how to calculate the amount of sugar in a product
- the components of a complete meal
- know the role of insulin, cortisol, melatonin, and leptin in the body