Congratulations to Sophie Roman for being awarded the May Wellness Student Spotlight!
Sophie always comes into Wellness prepared and ready to work hard. She is such a great team player and is always willing to help her peers out. Sophie gives 100 percent in every class and spreads her kindness to others. She is an excellent Wellness student and makes such a positive difference in class.
1. First and Last Name
3. What elementary school did you come from.
4. Tell us about yourself. What do you like to do in your free time?
In my free time I love to play soccer, run, swim, ski, do archery, hangout with my friends and family and be outside.
5. Why is being active important to you?
Being active is important to me because it keeps me healthy and happy.
6. What advice would you give to a student who doesn’t like to exercise?
Some advice I would give to someone that does not like to exercise is start easy. Do a little bit a day, because even a little bit can go a long way.
7. Favorite Wellness unit and why.
My favorite Wellness Unit... this is hard, either soccer, zumba, or team handball. Here are the reasons: soccer - I love that it's a team sport, zumba - it's a fun way to get fit!, team handball - it's a combo of soccer and football, which are two sports I really enjoy.
8. When I want a healthy snack I reach for...
My favorite healthy snack is apples and peanut butter.
9. To relax...
To relax I read, watch TV/Netflix, and sleep.
10. If I were a WMS Wellness teacher I would add ??? to the curriculum?
If I were a Wellness teacher I would add a yoga unit.
11. On my first day of school I wish I knew…
On my first day of school I wish I knew more of the people in the different clusters.
12. Tell us something about yourself most people would be surprised to know.
One thing that people would be surprised to know about me would be that I love hockey, especially the Bruins.