Congratulations to Lilli Tobe for being awarded the February Wellness Student Spotlight. Lilli embodies what it means to be an exemplary student in all aspects of her work. Her kindness and integrity represent what it means to be a Wellness student here at Wayland Middle School.
Well done Lilli!
1. First and Last Name: Lilli Tobe
2. Grade: 8th
3. What elementary school did you come from?
I came from Claypit Hill Elementary School.
4. Tell us about yourself. What do you like to do in your free time?
In my free time I like playing soccer, reading, hanging out with friends, playing card and board games, playing football, doing yoga, watching tv\movies, and playing the drums.
5. Why is being active important to you?
Being active is important to me because being active makes me happy, it makes me feel good, it helps get rid of stress, and it keeps me healthy.
6. What advice would you give to a student who doesn’t like to exercise?
For people who don't like exercising, I suggest that you don't think of it as "exercise". You want to find something that you love doing that has you moving. If you have something that you find fun like like soccer, track, dancing, volleyball, etc. it keeps you active, and it's a form of exercise. So my advice is to find something that you love doing that keeps you active.
7. Favorite Wellness unit and why.
My favorite Wellness unit was Volleyball because it's a team building/teamwork sport and it's fun to play.
8. When I want a healthy snack I reach for…
When I want a healthy snack I normally reach for an apple or banana.
9. To relax I...
To relax, I do yoga, play the drums and just chill out with friends and family.
10. If I were a WMS Wellness teacher I would add…
If I were a WMS wellness teacher I would add other sports such as cricket that aren't as common in the United States to the curriculum so I could learn more about other countries and be active at the same time.
11. On my first day of school I wish I knew...
On my first day of school I wish I knew that putting your full effort into participating and being active in wellness can help you get rid of stress from your other academic classes.
12. Tell us something about yourself most people would be surprised to know.
Something that most people would be surprised to know about me is that I have never been downhill skiing, but I am a really good surfer.