- First and Last Name-Remy Shaw
- What elementary school did you come from. Claypit Hill
- Tell us about yourself. What do you like to do in your free time? I like to play hockey, soccer, and swim.
- Why is being active important to you? Being active gives me something to do and gives me an outlet for stress.
- What advice would you give to a student who doesn’t like to exercise? I would show them that there are many types of exercise and they they can find one they like.
- Favorite Wellness unit and why. My favorite units have been golf & volleyball because I like exploring new sports I’ve never tried before.
- When I want a healthy snack I reach for... a banana or apple
- To relax I...read
- If I were a WMS Wellness teacher I would add ??? to the curriculum. I would add a small lesson on stretching to help athletes and non-athletes from hurting themselves during physical activity.
- On my first day of school I wish I knew...How important the warm-ups are to increase your fitness scores and help your overall health.
- Tell us something about yourself most people would be surprised to know. I did gymnastics for 6 years.
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
October Wellness Student Spotlight!
Congratulations to Remy Shaw for being awarded for the October Wellness Student Spotlight! Not only is Remy a hard worker and and all-around good kid, but she is polite, friendly, & is helpful to other students in class. Remy embodies what it means to be a wellness student: our classes are better for having her in it.