Congratulations to Eliya Howard-Delman for being awarded the May Wellness Student Spotlight. Eliya embodies what it means to be an exemplary student in all aspects of her work. Her kindness and integrity embody what it means to be a Wellness student here at Wayland Middle School. She is a hard-worker, friendly, and a pleasure to have in class!
Well done Eliya!
1. What is your name: Eliya Howard-Delman
2. What grade are you in? I am in 6th grade
3.What elementary school did you come from? I came from Happy Hollow
4. Tell us about yourself. What do you like to do in your free time?I do swim team, basketball, and soccer. I like to read and hang out with friends. I like riding my bike and I love shopping.
5. Why is being active important to you? Being active is important to me because it keeps me busy. I also really enjoy sports and running because it's fun and it gives me a chance to compete and I am very competitive.
6. What advice would you give a student who doesn’t like to exercise? I would tell them to try sports because you exercise without really knowing it then, or if you don't like sports you could try working out with friends. You could also listen to music or watch T.V while you exercise because that takes your mind off of it.
7. What is your favorite wellness unit? My favorite Wellness unit so far was badminton because it was not stressful and it was just fun and I laughed whenever I swung and missed the birdie. I also like badminton because I had never played it before and it was fun to try it out.
8. When you want a healthy snack you reach for….When I want a healthy snack I reach for sugar snap peas, mini cucumbers or clementines because they are quick to prepare and they are really good.
9. To relax I…To relax I go in the hot tub, read, hang out with friends, or listen to music.
10. If I were a WMS Wellness teacher I would add this unit. If I were a WMS Wellness teacher I would add tennis to the curriculum.
11. On my first day of school I wish I knew…On my first day of school I wish I knew everyone's name already so it wouldn't be awkward not knowing people's names.
12.Tell us something about yourself most people wouldn’t know. Most people wouldn't know that when I was younger I used to get distracted by the dogs on the sidelines during my soccer game and I would stop playing and run over to pet them.